Thursday, April 26, 2012

What's Is On My Mind...

So this weeks assignment is to blog about what is on my mind.  Well, I have a lot going on these days but in relation to this class I have been thinking about starting my own "out of class" blog.  I have recently been accepted into a study abroad program in Ireland this summer, and I thought it would be a cool idea to keep a blog starting with the preparations this spring and ending with the actual trip.  The program is really cool, it's a documentary, storytelling, production class in which we will write shoot and produce our own series of short documentaries.  I am really excited about getting out to see the world, seeing as though I want to one day work for the travel or discovery channel.  I see endless opportunities with this experience.

The trip will be help in Letterkenny, Ireland, which is pretty far north.  It is a small town much like Athens, with a big art and "hip" presence.  If my intentions to start the blog come through I will make sure to attatch a link to this blog as well for whomever might be interested in following my adventures.  In the mean time here is a little sneak peak to where I will be living for 10 weeks this summer....



1 comment:

  1. That sounds awesome, Amanda! I think you should go for it!

    ReplyDelete