Thursday, April 12, 2012

Blog Critique


Well since entering into this quarter and learning more about blogging I had never really taken much of a critical eye to blogs. I liked what I like. When I started looking a little deeper into the blogs I was looking at and why I seemed to like them I discovered a few things about myself as well as the blogger I was following. My first realization was that I liked blogs that had a lot of pictures, with funny or clever captions, and did not have a lot of text. I also quickly discovered that I really had no idea who these people were who were keeping me entertained and providing me with different photographs that I then would print out or share with my friends. An example of this would be one of my favorite blogs by one of my favorite and most fabulous celebrities, Beyonce. I was introduced to her "I Am" blog by a friend and immediately felt like I had a special source into the life of one of my "favorite people." It was not really until this blog assignment that I realized, it didn't take much to convince me it was Beyonce herself sharing her photos and thoughts with me. After looking at the blog closer I really could only find a little note in hand-writing-style font that is signed and hearted by Beyonce. Now is it really her posting all the fabulous pictures of herself living a fabulous life? (Only she could do this and it would be seen as a favor to all as opposed to a vain cry or glory) Well who/whatever it might be I love this blog because it is a giant album of exclusive photos and videos that are not only to highlight Beyonce but the art and beauty that seems to follow her around so naturally. For me, a picture says 1,000 words and I take her or whoever sharing their photos as a more believe approach than actually being lead to believe that she sits in front of the computer, spilling her innermost thoughts out to the entire world.

As for the design and structure of the blog, it is one of the most functional yet modern and unique blogs I have seen. My brother who is a web designer at UC even commented on the flow and design of the page. (I mean its Beyonce, c'mon). It is attached to her web site (Beyonce.com) under the I Am tab. After clicking I Am, you are then directed to her tumblr which maintains the same design without even noticing you are in a different web site. The site is then just a montage of her, what seem to be, personal photos. I haven't visited many other celebrity blogs, but if I were to say this has to be one of the best. (Jim Carrey actually has a surprisingly interactive and cool web page so check that out if you want to see a close second). So as I leave you with these thoughts, check out her blog at I AM and enjoy the video below, if you have not already been so lucky to have seen it 1094820 times already.




And for all you loyal Beyonce fans....

2 comments:

  1. Amanda,

    After reading your blog (and playing with the fish for 10 minutes) I just want to say that you are great at blogging. You link to big topic points in your posts, you keep a very personal feel to it, and you posted a the "Bootylicious" music video. Unlimited props for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the great props Adrian, the encouragement means a lot!

      (the fish thank you too)

      Delete